The SkyWindWorld kite making curriculum has made the concepts of basic science, engineering, and math come to life for thousands of K-12 students. Minds easily open to scientific possibilities as artistic creations take flight!
Many of the kite makers who participate in SkyWindWorld exhibits also serve as instructors for our educational programs. These highly skilled and talented professionals bring “Kites in the Classroom” to students at public and private schools, and participate in numerous community workshops and children’s museum programs.
Failure-proof kite patterns help to ensure that every student’s experience is successful. Kite kits for any age group and any class size are available through SkyWindWorld—ranging from easy-to-fly kites for beginners to complex cellular kites for advanced students. Contact SkyWindWorld for pricing. Volume discounts are available.
Product examples include:
- Paper Sleds*: easy to make and decorate for light winds.
- Tyvek Kites*: easy for beginners; tough and easy to repair
- Conover Eddy: a fringed diamond shape with single-point brindle that can be flown in train
- Star and Star Trains
- Aussie Fighter: flies effortlessly when flown with a long tail
- Cellular Kites: complicated, but worth the effort for more advanced kite-builders/kite-flyers
*These kites can be customized with artwork or logos for an additional charge and an appropriate lead time.
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.